...the perfect food for the underpaid and overly educated...

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Medical Students at Large

My days are usually like this:














 ......and I usually feel like this:






Which makes it tempting to eat these:





BUT -  instead of opting for simple carbs that will make me hungry in 15 minutes, I'm going to make these!!!

Amazingly crispy sweet potato wedges served with a bleu cheese dip I make with Fage Greek yogurt.... to die for.
Both my husband and I are entering the medical field and while we get a kick out of flu shots and telling people to take care of themselves, it's easy to not follow our own advice.  Exercise and good nutrition are key to staying healthy and maintaining a good immune system ~ and that's why we eat sweet potatoes.

Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges

3 medium sized sweet potatoes
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped finely
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash and peel potatoes.  Slice into wedges making sure they're all about the same size.  Toss in a bowl with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Place on roasting pan and bake for about 45 minutes until crispy golden brown. 
* If you can't find fresh rosemary, we like to use a mortar and pestle to make rosemary salt - a teaspoon of rosemary with a few teaspoons of  salt. 


Bleu Cheese Dip

1 C. Greek yogurt (we like Fage)
1/2 C. mayonnaise
1/2 C. bleu cheese crumbles
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice 
a  few dashes of hot sauce (we like Cholula)
salt and pepper to taste
Mix ingredients in a bowl and serve on the side. 
Enjoy! 




It will probably look something like this - but in wedges.  My camera broke, so I can't show y'all my own sweet potato creations but I thought this might look so delicious, you'd have to run go make some.

No comments:

Post a Comment